Medical malpractice is especially bothersome because we trust doctors, nurses, and others within the medical profession to protect our health, not hurt it. But, medical malpractice happens and when it does, many lives are turned upside down for months or years to come.
Some of the most common types of medical malpractice includes:
· Failure to Diagnose: If a doctor performs tests or procedures that detect disease/conditions or other conditions apply where the information should’ve been known but was not revealed to the patient, a medical malpractice case may be on your hands.
· Childbirth Errors: Damage caused by forceps is the most common birth defect. This may result in cleft lip, cleft palate, or one of many other birth problems that may also lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
· Defective Products: Johnson & Johnson is one of many companies with recent lawsuits due to defective products. If you see a medical product that caused harm later, medical malpractice may be the situation on hand.
· Surgical Errors: Surgery is needed for serious and non-serious procedures ranging from breast implants to heart surgery. When errors occur during these procedures, devastating outcomes may occur.
· Prescription Drug Errors: A doctor who writes a prescription for fatal doses of medications or drugs that interact with one another may be guilty of medical malpractice in a court of law.
This is not a complete list of medical malpractice examples but it is a look at the most common.
If you are a loved one experiences medical malpractice, get in touch with a lawyer at once. Lawyers offer no-cost consultations to discuss the case and the steps you can take to get justice. Do not let medical malpractice baltimore md turn your life upside down more than it has already!